• High Gain Amplified Roof Antenna o Provides 38 dB gain via internal LNA.
• Re-Radiating Amplifier with External Power Supply o 30 dB gain typical.
• Optional Kit Mounting Hardware o Roof Antenna Mount & Re-Radiating Amplifier Mount available.
• Optional Re-Radiating Variable Gain Amplifier o Adjustable gain from 1 dB to 30 dB.
The GPS Hangar Networked Re-Radiating Kit (HNRRKIT) provides the components required to build a GPS L1 re-radiating system which brings the GPS signal indoors. The GPS L1 signal received by the roof antenna is amplified and re-radiated to GPS receivers indoors, eliminating the need to attach receivers directly to the roof antenna. The HNRRKIT consists of an active roof antenna, a passive re-radiating antenna, and a re-radiating amplifier (HNRRKAMP) with an external power supply that powers the entire system. A cable from the roof antenna to the re-radiating kit is required and can be purchased separately. With up to 150ft of LMR400 low loss coax cable connecting the roof antenna to the re-radiating amplifier, the HNRRKIT will transmit the GPS signal indoors to receivers up to 100 feet away.
In the standard Networked (Externally Powered) configuration, the re-radiating amplifier output (J1) is DC Blocked. Custom gain, DC power, and connector configurations are available upon request.
• To re-radiate signal indoors for GPS product testing.
• To maintain GPS signal for emergency vehicles parked indoors.
• To facilitate faster GPS signal acquisition for aircraft inside a hangar.
• In combination with one of our splitter devices, to create a GPS distribution network.
Please note that the HNRRKIT does not include antenna mounts.
Click here to browse antenna mounts.
An FCC Experimental Broadcast license is required to operate this device, with the following exceptions:
- Device is operated in a shielded environment, such as an anechoic chamber.
- Device is operated in conjunction with a reradiating hood.
- Device is operated by federal or DoD personnel with the approval of the local spectrum manager.
Click Here for assistance calculating your re-radiating kit link budget and applying for your experimental license.