- Customizable Variable Gain Amplifier
- Potentiometer controlled gain from 0-26 dB.
- Wide Accepted Frequency Range
- Accepts signals from the entire L-Band, covering all major GNSS constellations.
This Variable Gain Line Amplifier 20dB Regulated Pass DC (VGLA20RPDC) is an active one input, one output amplifier optimized for GPS applications. The gain is customizable using the lid mounted potentiometer. This equipment accepts signals covering all major GNSS constellations.
In the standard configuration, the J1 port accepts DC voltage from a connected GPS receiver. This voltage is regulated and used to power the internal amplifiers while unregulated voltage is passed through the antenna port to power a connected active antenna or other upstream devices.
In the Networked (Externally Powered) configuration, the output (J1) is DC Blocked, and a customer-defined output voltage is provided via the antenna port. Custom gain, DC power, and connector configurations are available upon request.
- As an in-line amplifier to negate the insertion loss of a long cable run.
- To add amplification to a signal provided by a passive antenna.
Note: Previous versions of this product featured an internal potentiometer which was accessed via a hole in the lid. To adjust these older units, remove the red hole-plug and use a small flathead screwdriver to adjust the internal potentiometer until the desired gain is achieved.